There was panic at the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) located in the Ikotun area of Lagos State on Monday night as fire gutted a storehouse in the church’s premises.
It was gathered that the inferno, which started around 11 pm on Monday, occurred on the night of the candle procession in honour of the late founder of the church, Prophet Temitope Joshua popularly known as T.B Joshua.
However, scores of members of the church, who had attended the night of tributes and candlelight procession in honour of the late cleric, scampered for safety during the fire incident on Monday night.
The candlelight procession at the SCOAN Faith Resort was being led by the wife of the late pastor, Evelyn Joshua when the fire outbreak occurred.
An eyewitness disclosed that firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire incident around 12:19 am on Tuesday, noting that the fire had been put out before the arrival of the fire service.
“An electrical spark at the control room caused the fire. It happened after the candlelight procession,” the eyewitness disclosed.
The inferno was confirmed by the church via a press statement, noting that there was no casualty.
SCOAN stated, “In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations complex.
“The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled,” the statement read.