Another gas explosion has been recorded in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital as Muslims celebrate Eid-el-Fitri on Thursday.
The latest gas explosion on Thursday was confirmed by the Ogun State Fire Service via a statement, noting that the explosion was triggered by a refrigerator gas.
The statement read, “Fire Service Headquarters has again today, Thursday 13th May 2021, received a distress call to a house on fire at Sowemimo Street, off Mercy road, Abeokuta at about 08:30 hours early this morning.
“Firemen quickly got to the scene, extinguished the inferno which was caused by refrigerator gas.
“One victim suffered a serious injury and was taken to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Idi-Aba for medical attention.
“No life was lost in the explosion, but it was gathered that the victim has been amputated.”
ALSO READ: Ondo varsity, AAUA student commits suicide